Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Team - Don't Skimp on Protective Clothing!

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've given "the wave" to a passing harley or GSX-R and noticed that the rider was wearing shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, and no gloves. Once a rider on a Buell came up along side me on my Symba at a red light and, in a nice way, made fun of my wearing a Shoei RF-1000 (full-face) helmet.
Fact: if you're not wearing the proper protective gear, you can get just as messed up hitting the pavement at 40 mph on a Symba as on a Sportster. So please, my fellow Symbaistas, don't skimp on the protective riding apparel! That means: gloves, jacket, full-face helmet, long pants, and riding boots. Every ride - no exceptions.
For some important information on the value of protective riding gear, please visit the Gear Up! Project website*.
* The Gear Up! project is copyright 2009 Kate Rhodes. The Gear Up! image is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on TeamSYMBA.