Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Symba Factory, here I come!

In about a week from now, I"ll be on my way to Taiwan! During my 10-day stay in this beautiful and exciting democracy, I'll be visiting the SYM factory in Hsinchu, Taiwan's high-tech science and industrial center located about an hour's drive from the capital city of Taipei.
It's not my first trip to Taiwan by any means - I've been a regular visitor for the past 20 years as part of my carreer in the computer hardware manufacturing business.  It was during just such a trip in the summer of 2007 that I first saw the SYM "WoWOW" on the streets of Taipei.  As a long-time Cub enthusiast, that really gave me a pleasant surprise!
I go to the SYM factory hoping to get a look at their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility (perhaps even the SYMBA production line) and also come away with a better sense of the history of the company and their plans for the future.
I'm very grateful to the public-relations people at SYM, who have been very kind in accommodating this rather sudden drop-in by an American Symba fan!  Thanks also to Pete McIntosh at Carter Brothers here in the USA for his help.
- Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on TeamSYMBA.